Product and Services
GPC Factory LLC specializes in the production of Bitumen and Bitumen Oxidization. Bitumen is a naturally occurring or crude bitumen is a sticky, tar-like form of petroleum, which is so thick and heavy that it must be heated or diluted before it will flow. At room temperature, it has a consistency similar to cold molasses The use of this organic compound is with natural asphalt or mixtures thereof for waterproofing and as an adhesive dates at least to the fourth millennium B.C., when the Sumerians used it in statuary, mortaring brick walls, waterproofing baths and drains, in stair treads, and for shipbuilding. Other cultures such as Babylon, India, Persia, Egypt, and ancient Greece and Rome continued these uses, and in several cases the asphalt has continued to hold components securely together to this day
Bitumen is primarily used for paving roads. Its other uses are for bituminous waterproofing products, including the use of bitumen in the production of roofing felt and for sealing flat roofs. In the past, bitumen was used to waterproof boats, and even as a coating for buildings with some additives.
Known for its adhesive and cohesive assets, bitumen is mostly utilized in the construction industry. Bitumen is applied on road paving because it is viscous when hot, but solid once it cools down. Therefore Bitumen operates as the binder/glue for pieces of the aggregate. Bitumen is applied in construction and maintenance of:
- • Highways
- • Airport Runways
- • Footways/ Pedestrian Ways
- • Car Parks
- • Race Tracks / Tennis Courts
- • Roofing
- • Damp Proofing
- • Dams
- • Reservoir and Pool Linings
- • Soundproofing
- • Pipe / Cable Coatings
- • Paints
On the other hand, Oxidized Bitumen is produced by passing air through the penetration grades. This process gives the bitumen more rubbery properties than its original formula and they are simply harder bitumen. Hard bitumen under controlled temperature conditions is widely used as an anti-slip layer compound in the piling industry, for manufacture of roofing felts, the roofing and waterproofing industries, for sound dampening felts and under carriage sealant in the automotive industry, electric cable joint protection, joint filling compound, sealant compound and many others. Also used in sealing saw cuts and joints where expected movements are minimum. It is also used in the manufacturing of bituminous marine mastic for the oil & gas pipeline joints.
Oxidized Bitumen has a wide variety of industrial applications
- • As a bonding bitumen for roofing sheet membranes.
- • As a hot applied waterproofing layer.
- • Carpet tile manufacture.
- • As a raw material for liquid bitumen coatings
- • For production of bituminous pains, mastic
- • For rust proof pipe coatings
- • Used as an anti-slip layer compound in the piling industry
- • Used for production of roofing and sound dampening felts, Used as under carriage sealant in the automobile industry, electric cable joint protection, joint filling compound, sealant compound and many more in our day to day life.